276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Masters Of The Universe

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By the time Hawkwind went on the Space Ritual tour, Anderson had departed and Lemmy had joined the band, with his partnership with Brock giving the track a much heavier, driving sound. I bought this compilation when the band's discography was still unknown to me, and I must admit that I see this as quite useless album. Few picks from their "Space Ritual" double live album, and Lemmy's proto-MOTÖRHEAD song from "The Hall of The Mountain Grill". This very concise album along with the previous year's Roadhawks compilation together make a stunning introduction to Hawkwind's early years with the Liberty and United Artists labels.

I would suggest though to ditch this, and get the first 6 albums, "Chronicle of the Black Sword" "Space Ritual" and the latest release "Blood of the Earth" instead. Condition - This item is in Excellent condition or better (unless it says otherwise in the above description). The band was formed by ex-busker and blues man Dave Brock in Ladbroke Grove, London, who intended to marry simple three-chord rock with experimental electronic music. Any Hawkwind fan would no doubt have the aforementioned albums as they are the classics that launched this incredible band. Masters of the Universe, was not the original Hawkwind compilation, but placed alongside with the previous year's Roadhawks and the unparalleled Space Ritual, that trio makes for a damn good starter pack for the newcomer to Hawkwind.

There's not a great deal I can add, Hawkwind have a very eccentric almost impenetrable sound, to sit here and explain it would definitely be a fruitless exercise. Please consider supporting us by giving monthly PayPal donations and help keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.

This would be at the top of my list to recommend to someone that wants to listen to Hawkwind for the first time. Though controversial, this is hardly new, indeed big names from Chuck Berry to George Harrison have been accused of ripping off, plagiarizing, stealing and failing to credit others for their contributions for all manner of reasons.This was the first Hawkwind album I ever possessed and it still holds a special place and a certain mystique for me. Irrespective of the source, all of our collectables meet our strict grading and are 100% guaranteed. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I only bought it because of the cover, but was happily blown away after I'd heard it for the first time. Sonic Attack' and 'Orgone Accumulator' are from Space Ritual - two standout tracks from Hawkwind's best album.

Holding the vinyl album cover while 'Master of the Universe' emerged slowly, kicked in and held its hypnotic rhythm I took in the statue-like figure with the Ohm symbol on him (the Master of the Universe? and his death-like minion on the lofty escarpment, the mountains being leeched of colour and clarity as they recede into the far beyond. Vote up content that is on-topic, within the rules/guidelines, and will likely stay relevant long-term. Turn the album cover and the rest of the painting presents itself - the mountains are grander, truly enormous. This track presents a lovely take on the well-known song, infusing it with a mellow jazz vibe that showcases Graulund’s musical talent.So instead of getting new tracks to add to the collection I was inundated with the same stuff I already have. The track’s simplicity and easygoing atmosphere make it an enjoyable addition to the indie music scene. The original one indicates the date 1977 in the bottom right corner, with a hieroglyph design of which I added a detail (check the images). Cress Lucid from PortugalNik Turner, who i knew in his latter years, was the man, the energy and soul of the hawk saga which is now a space ritualised space falcon. VG/EX means that the item's sleeve is in Very Good condition and the disc is in Excellent condition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment